Challenge open to US and Canadian researchers
Challenge entry period runs from February 4th to March 15th 2021
No purchase necessary; Void where prohibited by law
Terms and Conditions apply; Winner selection dependent on acceptance thereof
We do not recommend that you include any confidential information in your application.
Applicants agree there is no obligation on our part to keep your information confidential.
Participation in Cytiva’s Exosome Challenge is conditional upon the applicant entering a terms Agreement, including the applicable terms and conditions for use of and access to the premises and equipment as well as Co-Marketing conditions. Terms and conditions apply.
For selected projects, it may be necessary to participate on site. Due to the Corona pandemic and potential travel restrictions, we will work closely together with selected teams and monitor the situation, and if needed, we will make our best efforts to try to find alternative solutions for remote work to continue off campus.
$100,000USD will be provided in Fast Trak and Cytiva products and services in support of the selected winning proposal scope of work during the scope of the project (as determined solely by Cytiva)
Project duration will depend on scope of work as determined by Fast Trak review and site availability in 2021
|CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES|
Term and Conditions
- This Challenge is open to US and Canadian corporations and research institutions
- Challenge entry runs from February 4th – March 15, 2021.
- No purchase necessary; void where prohibited by law.
- One (1) selected Winner shall receive up to $100,000.00 USD in Cytiva Products and Services
EXOSOME CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES
THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A CONTRACT—READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES A RELEASE, FURTHER AGREEMENT AND LICENSE FROM YOU, AND A LIMITATION OF CERTAIN OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Promotion and Sponsor. Participation in the Exosome Challenge (the “Promotion”) constitutes Entrant’s (as defined below) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Entrant is free to disclaim any prize and status as Entrant, and as a result will not be eligible to receive any prize. The Promotion is sponsored and administered by Global Life Science Solutions USA LLC, 100 Results Way, Marlborough, MA 01752 (“Sponsor”). All decisions related to, as well as all interpretation of, these Official Rules by Sponsor are final and binding. While this Promotion may be promoted via social media websites, such websites are not affiliated with Sponsor or this Promotion. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any other third-party website or application that might host content where information about this Promotion is published (collectively “Content Hosts”). Entrant is providing information only to Sponsor and not to Content Hosts.
2. Promotion Period. The Promotion begins at 12:00am EST on February 1, 2021 and ends at 5:00pm EST on March 15, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). Only entries submitted and received at https://cytiva-innovation.brightidea.com/Exosome during the Promotion Period will be accepted. Sponsor is the official timekeeper of this promotion. Judging to determine finalists shall occur no later than eight (8) weeks after the close of the Promotion Period and a final winner will be selected from the finalists no later than sixteen (16) weeks after the close of the Promotion Period.
3. Eligibility. The Promotion is open only to companies, universities, and research institution that are resident in United Stated and Canada and work in the field of exosomes. Entities of Puerto Rico and Quebec, Canada are not eligible. Employees or agents of Sponsor or its parent or affiliate companies, vendors, suppliers, consultants, sub-contractors, distributors, legal counsel, or advertising, marketing, public relations, or promotional/fulfillment agencies are not eligible. Eligibility is contingent upon agreement to, compliance with, and fulfillment of all requirements of these Official Rules. Participation in the Promotion in any way, including submission of any entry or the partial completion of any act of entry or any other step taken to participate in the Promotion in any manner, constitutes full and unconditional agreement with all provisions of these Official Rules.
4. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. By participating in the Promotion in any way you will become an “Entrant.” Each Entrant who enters using the below method of entry can make up to three (3) separate entries in the Promotion. During the Promotion Period, you will automatically become an Entrant and receive an entry in the Promotion by applying at https://cytiva-innovation.brightidea.com/Exosome .
5. Conditions of Entry. By entering or participating in this Promotion, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and its authorized representatives, which are final and binding in all matters concerning this Promotion. Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void. Only qualified entries received at https://cytiva-innovation.brightidea.com/Exosome by Sponsor during the Promotion Period are eligible for participation. Entrants may be required to provide the following information to be eligible for a Promotion prize: Institutional name, contact person: first, middle and last name, email address, complete mailing address, and phone number (collectively or individually, “Identifying Information”). All requested Identifying Information must be provided to participate in the Promotion and to be eligible to win the prize. Unintelligible entries; entries with incomplete, invalid, incorrect, or noncurrent information; entries that are counterfeit, damaged, or tampered with in any way; and entries with printing, production, or typographical errors will be disqualified. Entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen or not delivered are not the responsibility of Sponsor and will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if a potential winner does not receive a prize because erroneous, expired, canceled, fraudulent, or fake information was provided during the Promotion. Proof of sent entry or entry receipt (such as a copy of a “thank you” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of entry by Sponsor for purposes of this Promotion. Participation must be by Entrant. Participation by any other entity or entity, or originating at any other website or email address, including without limitation, commercial promotion, subscription notification, and promotion entering service sites, is invalid and will be disqualified from this Promotion. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than three entries by using multiple email addresses, identities, registrations, or logins; entries through a sweepstakes club or similar entity; or any other unauthorized method of entry will void all of Entrant’s entries and Entrant will be disqualified from the entire Promotion. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by an automated program, script, or macro, or the use of any other similar device, program, or method to enter this Promotion is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of Entrant, those entries verified by Sponsor shall be the sole determinant of entry status. If the identity of the entity who actually participated in the Promotion cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entity’s entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entity it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules, tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion (including without limitation, tampering with websites or email addresses), or acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal or civil law, and Sponsor may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law from any person it finds to have made such an attempt.
6. Prize. Approximate retail value of the prize is up to one hundred thousand US Dollars ($100,000. 00 USD) worth of Fast Trak and Cytiva products and services provided to address the selected winning Challenge proposal. To the extent required, any travel cost and expenses and transport of equipment and materials to/from the Cytiva site by the final winner shall be the responsibility of Entrant. Actual value of prize may vary. No compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. Sponsor is in no way responsible for any cancellations, delays, postponements, diversions, substitutions, changes in service or accommodations, or any other act, omission, or result thereof, caused by any third party. All prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not, in whole or in part, assignable, transferable, or available for resale. Prizes have no cash surrender value, except where required by law. Sponsor has made no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize. This includes, without limitation, any warranty, representation, or guarantee related to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor may substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Other prize substitution options are available where required by law. Federal, state, and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of any prize not specified herein as being awarded are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize specific terms and conditions apply, including those specified in Section 7 below. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If any potential winner is disqualified, not eligible, or for any other reason cannot accept the prize as stated, then Sponsor may select a new potential winner from the remaining pool of eligible finalists. Where legal, the winner may be required to submit, without alteration and in the form provided by Sponsor, a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release (the “Release”) within the required time period communicated in the Release to be eligible to receive or participate in any prize. Only one (1) prize, as set forth in these Official Rules, will be awarded. In the event that any error, mistake, failure or discrepancy causes more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be promoted, noticed or claimed, Sponsor may award only the stated number of prizes by selecting from among the legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
7. Winner Determination and Verification. Within eight weeks after the end of the Promotion Period, five (5) finalists will be chosen from the pool of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The pool of Entrants will be reviewed by a select group consisting of associates of the Sponsor for focus on cell engineering, drug delivery, diagnostics, process development and purification to determine the five (5) finalists. The five (5) finalists are each subject to further review for novelty, potential medical value of the application, fit to Sponsor’s capabilities and strategy, feasibility of the proposal to select the one (1) potential winner. The final winner is expected to be announced within sixteen 16 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period. Sponsor decision of a potential winner and final winner is final and binding. An Entrant is not a final winner of any prize, even if notified of being a potential winner or issued any item of value, unless and until Entrant’s execution of the Release as well as entering an agreement regarding its Challenge proposal covering, among other things confidentiality, scope and duration of work, intellectual property rights (The final winner maintains its IP rights demonstrated in its Challenge application, as well as any results conceived by Cytiva and/or Winner directly/solely related to such background IP; Any IP rights or results related to Cytiva process, products, prototypes, technologies (“Cytiva Field”) shall belong to Cytiva. Ownership of all other IP rights resulting from this Exosome Challenge project will be regulated in a manner similar to Cytiva’s Fasttrack services), use of Cytiva premises and co-marketing arrangements with the Sponsor. To be verified as eligible to receive a prize, a potential winner must fulfill all requirements and continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and not be disqualified for any reason. The potential winner will be notified by email address provided to Sponsor. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted using the information provided, or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within three business days; if any prize or notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error or undeliverable type “bounce back” email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if the potential winner fails to sign and return the Release, enter an agreement related to its proposal or any other required documentation or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize (or any portion) as stated; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any reason at any time before, during, or after the Promotion Period, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize (or relevant portion, subject to Sponsor’s discretion), and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible finalists. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified, does not enter the requisite agreements or fails to claim a prize for any reason, the foregoing process will be repeated until the prize is awarded, or until three attempts have been made to award the prize and each attempt has failed. EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW, IF ANY PRIZE REMAINS UNAWARDED FOR ANY REASON AFTER THREE ATTEMPTS, THAT PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
8. Limitations of Liability. By entering or participating in this Promotion or any prize in any way, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend (regardless of ultimate liability), and hold harmless, and thereby does release and discharge Sponsor and Content Hosts, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies, vendors, suppliers, consultants, sub-contractors, distributors, legal counsel, and advertising, marketing, public relations, and promotional/fulfillment agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such entity (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any loss, damage, injury, claim, or cause of action related in any way whatsoever to this Promotion, these Official Rules, or the rights, consents and licenses granted to Sponsor under these Official Rules, including without limitation, infringement of any right of publicity or intellectual property; threatened or actual injury, loss or damage to any person, including death and disability; defamation or portrayal in a false light (intentional and unintentional); invasion of privacy; and damage to or loss of property, arising out of such Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. To the maximum extent allowed by law, in no event will Released Parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of this Promotion. (Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check local laws for restrictions regarding these limitations or exclusions.) Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind; (2) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, any internet or email service provider, any promotional or advertising agency, printing or computing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries or the announcement of the winner or prize; (5) any injury or damage to persons or property, including without limitation computers, phones, and tablets, that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or access to the Promotion materials; (6) the receipt, use or misuse of any Promotion prize; or (7) any other errors in any materials, information or announcements associated with the Promotion. Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, subject to availability and provided that the Promotion Period has not then expired.
9. LICENSE FROM ENTRANT. To the extent allowed by law, participation in the Promotion in any way or acceptance of, or participation in, any prize constitutes each Entrant’s consent for, and grant of a non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license to Sponsor to use, publish, post, or display Entrant’s name, social media handles, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, statements and prize information, regardless of whether altered, distorted, or used alone or with other material, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, for promotional, advertising, trade, and publicity purposes in any medium now known or later discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity, without review or approval, and without further notice, payment, or consideration of any kind.
All rights, consents and licenses granted to Sponsor under these Official Rules or the Release will survive the termination of this Promotion. Such consents and licenses may only be revoked in writing, and the mere ending of this Promotion or Promotion Period is not sufficient to revoke such consents or licenses.
Except as referenced above, the details of each Entrant’s application, including its problem statement and associated documents shall be held in confidence and shall only be used for evaluation as part of the winner selection process and follow-up discussions about potential Cytiva solutions applicable for Entrants submission. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrant maintains any IP rights demonstrated in its Exosome Challenge application.
10. Right to Modify or Cancel. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event any provision is found invalid or unenforceable, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was never included. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor may cancel, suspend or modify the Promotion or any part of it, in any way, if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Promotion is not capable of executing as Sponsor intended, or that any error, omission, fraud, technical failure, tampering, computer virus, or other factor, technical or otherwise, beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, impairs or may impair Sponsor’s ability to properly conduct the Promotion, subject to any applicable law or regulation. In the event of an inconsistency between these Official Rules and any disclosure or other statement contained in any Promotion-related materials, including without limitation, a Promotion entry form or any point-of-sale, radio, television, print, or online advertising, these Official Rules will prevail and govern.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Exosome Challenge, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org